04/03/2023 LE Advanced Pistol & Carbine; 24 Hours. Bucks County Police Training Range, 283 Rolling Hills Dr, Bedminster, Pa. 24 Hours
April 3-5, 2023. Hosted by Bucks County Training Center Range, 283 Rolling Hills Dr, Bedminster, Pa. . 24 Hours
This three-day class is designed to increase an officer’s efficiency, speed, and accuracy with their duty handgun and carbine with a goal of eliminating bad habits that cost time and installing correct technique.
This course is for the experienced shooter who has completed their agency’s introductory carbine and pistol course or equivalent and seeks to learn a variety of tactical applications utilizing both firearms. The course will consist of a quick review of instruction on firearm safety, firearm operation, and the proper handling techniques needed for tactical shooting. The remaining 20 hours will involve an assortment of increasingly challenging drills and events. After completion of the tactical carbine and pistol course the student will have an in-depth understanding of firearms safety and marksmanship fundamentals and how to tactically maneuver and engage multiple targets from a variety of firing positions with the semi-automatic pistol and carbine. Classes have limited enrollment to ensure maximum one-on-one interaction and coaching.
Classes have limited enrollment to ensure maximum one-on-one interaction and coaching.
Course Objective: The student will demonstrate a high level of tactical proficiency and accuracy with the semi-automatic pistol and AR-15 type carbine
- General firearms safety
· Safe loading, unloading, and proper clearing procedures · Sights, zeroing, slings, holster, equipment setup
· The must-haves of rifle and pistol marksmanship
· Reloading & malfunction drills
· Shooting positions
· Multiple shots/multiple targets Drills
· Shooting on the move
· Shooting from barricades & covered positions
· Efficient training
Ammo requirements (Student Furnished): 1000 rounds of pistol ammunition, 1500 rounds of rifle ammunition.
Prerequisite (one of the following):
- Successful completion of their agency’s two day introduction to Tactical Carbine and Pistol course or equivalent.
- Active Law Enforcement member or equivalent (must be able to prove)
- Retired/former military personnel with a tactical background (must be able to prove involvement)
Training schedule: Show time is 8:30 am, each day, with instruction starting at 9:00 am and ending at 4:00 pm. A one hour period is allotted for lunch
Individual equipment (Student Furnished):
- Pistol with 4 magazines / Carbine with 4 magazines · Belt with holster and magazine pouches/vest or kit ·Magazine holder for the carbine/rifle.
· Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit (with Oil for guns.)
· Rain gear
· Eye and Ear protection
· Food and water (We’ll take an hour lunch.) · Hat/Gloves (rifles will get hot.)
· Optical Sight for rifle (Optional, but highly recommended.)
- Optical sight for pistol (Optional, and we’ll make you better with it)
Course includes: 24 hours of instruction. Cost: $420 tuition fee (includes all range fees)
“Confidence Through Training”