05/03/2023 LE Advanced Carbine (16 Hours). East Vincent Police Department Range, 1205 Commonwealth Drive, Spring City, PA 19475
May 3-4, 2023. Hosted by East Vincent PD, in Spring City, PA. 0900-1700’ish each day.
Range location:1205 Commonwealth Drive, Spring City, PA
Contact Chief Matt Williams for local info. 610-933-4424. NOTE: Range requires rifles be suppressed. If your duty rifles are not suppressed, contact Chief Williams for a loaner.
This two-day class is designed to increase an officer’s efficiency, speed, and accuracy with their duty carbine with a goal of eliminating bad habits that cost time and installing correct technique.
This course is for the experienced shooter who has completed their agency’s introductory carbine course or equivalent and seeks to learn a variety of tactical applications utilizing the duty or personally owned carbine. The course will consist of a quick review of instruction on firearm safety, firearm operation, and the proper handling techniques needed for tactical shooting. The remaining 14 hours will involve an assortment of increasingly challenging drills and events. After completion of the tactical carbine course the student will have an in-depth understanding of firearms safety and marksmanship fundamentals and how to tactically maneuver and engage multiple targets from a variety of firing positions with the semi-automatic carbine. Classes have limited enrollment to ensure maximum one-on-one interaction and coaching.
Classes have limited enrollment to ensure maximum one-on-one interaction and coaching.
Course Objective: The student will demonstrate a high level of tactical proficiency and accuracy with the AR-15 type carbine
- General firearms safety
· Safe loading, unloading, and proper clearing procedures · Sights, zeroing, slings, holster, equipment setup
· The must-haves of rifle and pistol marksmanship
· Reloading & malfunction drills
· Shooting positions
· Multiple shots/multiple targets Drills
· Shooting on the move
· Shooting from barricades & covered positions
· Efficient training
Ammo requirements (Student Furnished): 1000 rounds of rifle ammunition, 200 rounds of pistol ammunition.
Prerequisite (one of the following):
- Successful completion of their agency’s two day introduction to Tactical Carbine course or equivalent.
- Active/Retired Law Enforcement member or equivalent (must be able to prove)
- Retired/former military personnel with a tactical background (must be able to prove involvement)
Training schedule: Show time is 8:30 am, each day, with instruction starting at 9:00 am and ending at 4:00 pm. A one hour period is allotted for lunch
Individual equipment (Student Furnished):
- Pistol with 2 magazines / Carbine with 4 magazines · Belt with holster and magazine pouches/vest or kit ·Magazine holder for the carbine/rifle and pistol.
· Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit (with Oil for guns.)
· Rain gear
· Eye and Ear protection
· Food and water (We’ll take an hour lunch.) · Hat/Gloves (rifles will get hot.)
· Optical Sight for rifle (Optional, but highly recommended.)
- Optical sight for pistol (Optional, and we’ll make you better with it)
Course includes: 16 hours of instruction. Cost: $390 tuition fee (includes all range fees)
“Confidence Through Training”