08/21/2023 LE Advanced Pistol & Carbine; 24 Hours. Northkill Rod & Gun (Berks County, PA)
10 Seats Available
Hosted by CP Tactical at Northkill Rod & Gun, 4531 Irish Creek Road, Burnsville, PA 19506
10 Seats Available
This three-day class is designed to increase an officer’s efficiency, speed, and accuracy with their duty handgun and carbine with a goal of eliminating bad habits that cost time and installing correct technique.
This course is for the experienced shooter who has completed their agency’s introductory carbine and pistol course or equivalent and seeks to learn a variety of tactical applications utilizing both firearms. The course will consist of a quick review of instruction on firearm safety, firearm operation, and the proper handling techniques needed for tactical shooting. The remaining 20 hours will involve an assortment of increasingly challenging drills and events. After completion of the tactical carbine and pistol course the student will have an in-depth understanding of firearms safety and marksmanship fundamentals and how to tactically maneuver and engage multiple targets from a variety of firing positions with the semi-automatic pistol and carbine. Classes have limited enrollment to ensure maximum one-on-one interaction and coaching.
Course Objective: The student will demonstrate a high level of tactical proficiency and accuracy with the semi-automatic pistol and AR-15 type carbine
- General firearms safety
- Safe loading, unloading, and proper clearing procedures · Sights, zeroing, slings, holster, equipment setup
- The must-haves of rifle and pistol marksmanship
- Reloading & malfunction drills
- Shooting positions
- Multiple shots/multiple targets Drills
- Shooting on the move
- Shooting from barricades & covered positions
- Efficient training
Ammo requirements (Student Furnished): 1000 rounds of pistol ammunition, 1000 rounds of rifle ammunition.
Prerequisite (one of the following):
- Successful completion of their agency’s introduction to Tactical Carbine and Pistol course or equivalent.
- Active Law Enforcement member or equivalent (must be able to prove) Vetted CIV case by case. Contact Instrcutor
Training schedule: Show time is 8:30 am, each day, with instruction starting at 9:00 am and ending at 4:30 pm. A one-hour period is allotted for lunch, but a rural location so may want to bring a light lunch.
Individual equipment (Student Furnished):
- Pistol with 3 magazines / Carbine with 4 magazines · Belt with holster and magazine pouches/vest or kit ·Magazine holder for the carbine/rifle.
- Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit (with Oil for guns.)
- Rain gear
- Eye and Ear protection
- Food and water (We’ll take an hour lunch.) · Hat/Gloves (rifles will get hot.)
- Optical Sight for rifle (Optional, but highly recommended.)
- Optical sight for pistol (Optional, and we’ll make you better with it)
Course includes: 24 hours of instruction. Cost: $420 tuition fee (includes all range fees)
“Confidence Through Training”
Call 610-597-3717 with questions